Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First Attempts at Nail Art


My first attempt was so lackluster that I didn't even take a picture of it.  Orange nails, ring finger glittery gold with a 50 in orange to celebrate my uncle's 50th birthday at his surprise party.   

So then I thought I would be ambitious and try something for the Superbowl (even though I strongly dislike football) and came up with this...

The picture isn't very good quality and the work is sloppy, but I was proud of my first attempt and surprisingly received positive feedback about it.    

And now I took on a real challenge and wanted a design of something I loved for filler until I did a Valentine's Day look.  So I thought I would do a Google theme (because I love everything about Google) and I found an incredible design at http://foryournailsonly.net/2010/09/what-are-you-searching-for.html. (Thanks for the design!)  I knew I couldn't come up with a simpler or better design than that, so I just replicated it and added a bit for the other hand.

Since my color collection is limited, the colors are all acrylic paints and white is Pure Ice Super Star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment